This ice cream with peanut butter is the best! It tastes like smooth peanut butter and is full of peanut butter swirls and peanut butter cups.Peanut butter ice cream is one of my favourite treats.
Can you believe that the average American eats around 20 pounds of ice cream each year?
While it’s convenient to grab a pint at your local store, no one can deny that homemade ice cream has a certain charm. Not only is it creamy and delicious, but it’s also easy to make! If you’re a peanut butter lover, you may not believe that you can have decadent ice cream with only a few staple ingredients.
Are you excited to learn how you can make your own peanut butter ice cream at home? Read on so you’ll know how to make affordable, dreamy ice cream.
Peanut Butter Ice Cream Ingredients
This peanut butter ice cream recipe requires the following ingredients:
- 1 Cup of creamy peanut butter (more info on the best PB here)
- 1 Cup of granulated sugar
- 2 Cups of heavy cream
- 1 Cup of whole milk
- 1 Teaspoon of vanilla extract
Peanut Butter Ice Cream Instructions
Follow these steps so your ice cream can come together fast:
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the peanut butter and granulated sugar until well combined
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, whole milk, and vanilla extract
- Slowly pour the cream mixture into the peanut butter mixture, whisking the entire time until fully combined
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker and churn it until the mixture looks like thick soft-serve ice cream
- Scoop the ice cream into a container that’s safe for freezing and freeze for around 4 hours or until firm
- When you’re ready to eat, allow the ice cream to rest on the counter for a few minutes to soften before scooping
Tips for Making the Perfect Peanut Butter Ice Cream
It’s best to use creamy peanut butter. Creamy peanut butter will create a smoother, creamier ice cream compared to crunchy peanut butter.
You should chill your ingredients beforehand. Make sure to chill your heavy cream and whole milk in the refrigerator before using them in the recipe. This will help the ice cream churn faster and create a creamier texture.
Use a high-quality vanilla extract. The vanilla extract in this recipe helps to enhance the flavor of the peanut butter. Using a high-quality vanilla extract will result in a more pronounced vanilla flavor in the ice cream.
Be patient. It’s important to be patient when churning ice cream. The longer you churn the ice cream, the creamier it will become. However, be careful not to over-churn the ice cream as this can cause it to become too hard.
To achieve the perfect texture for your peanut butter ice cream, it’s important to freeze it for at least 4 hours or until firm.
Are You Ready to Taste the Best Peanut Butter Ice Cream?
Making homemade ice cream is a fun and delicious way to enjoy a sweet treat at home. This peanut butter ice cream recipe is easy to make and requires only a few simple ingredients.
Hungry for more mouthwatering treats? Click through our blog for more culinary inspiration.