Are you a pizza fanatic? That’s a given. Surely you do. Pizza ranks high on both the list of most popular and most delicious foods. It’s flexible, adaptable, and effective. Pizza, in various forms and with a wide variety of toppings, is a global phenomenon.
However, are you familiar with royal pizza? In several European nations, royal pizza is a speciality pizza that was invented in Italy. It’s also known as pizza alla napoletana or pizza regina. Cheese, tomato sauce, gammon, mushrooms and olives top this pizza. It’s flavour is so full of depth and complexity, it’ll make your mouth swim.
In spite of popular belief, a royal pizza can be easily made at home. A few simple items and some cooking know-how are all you need to make a royal pizza in the comfort of your own home. Here, we provide a straightforward method for creating a royal pizza at home.
What You Need to Make Royal Pizza
To make royal pizza at home, you will need the following ingredients:
For the pizza dough:
– 4 cups of all-purpose flour
– 2 teaspoons of active dry yeast
– 2 teaspoons of sugar
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– 1 1/4 cups of warm water
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
For the pizza sauce:
– 1/4 cup of tomato paste
– 1/4 cup of water
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
– 1 teaspoon of dried basil
– Salt and pepper to taste
For the pizza toppings:
– 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
– 8 slices of ham, cut into small pieces
– 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
– 1/4 cup of sliced black olives
How to Make the Pizza Dough
The first step to make royal pizza at home is to make the pizza dough. Here is how to do it:
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, yeast, sugar, and salt.
2. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the water and oil.
3. Stir with a wooden spoon until a shaggy dough forms.
4. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 15 minutes or until smooth and elastic. You can also use a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment to knead the dough.
5. Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl and cover with a damp cloth or plastic wrap.
6. Let the dough rise in a warm place for about an hour or until doubled in size.
How to Make the Pizza Sauce
The next step to make royal pizza at home is to make the pizza sauce. Here is how to do it:
1. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the tomato paste and water and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
3. Stir in the garlic, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper.
4. Remove from heat and set aside.
How to Assemble and Bake the Royal Pizza
The final step to make royal pizza at home is to assemble and bake the royal pizza. Here is how to do it:
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F) and lightly grease a baking sheet or a pizza pan.
2. Punch down the risen dough and transfer it to a lightly floured surface.
3. Roll out the dough into a large circle about 14 inches in diameter.
4. Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet or pan and press it evenly with your fingers.
5. Spread the pizza sauce over the dough, leaving a 1/2 inch border around the edges.
6. Sprinkle the cheese over the sauce, then top with the ham, mushrooms, and olives.
7. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the crust is golden and crisp.
You have just learned how to make royal pizza at home with simple ingredients. It is easy, fun, and delicious. You can enjoy this pizza with your family and friends, or save some leftovers for later. You can also customize this pizza with your favorite toppings and sauces.
We hope you enjoyed this article and learned something new. Please share your feedback and comments below. And don’t forget to try making royal pizza at home with simple ingredients. You won’t regret it!