Petifores are small cakes or pastries that come in a variety of flavors. In this blog post, we’ll be discussing five of the best petifore recipe ideas, including chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, coffee, and orange. So if you’re looking for some delicious inspiration for your next petifore creation, read on!
What is a petifore?
A petifore is a small cake or pastry, typically made with flour, sugar, eggs, and butter or oil. They are often flavoured with chocolate, coffee, vanilla, or fruit and can be decorated with icing, sprinkles, or other decorations.
Petifores originated in France, and the word itself comes from the French petit four, which means “small oven”. The cakes were originally made in small ovens that were used to bake individual portions.
Today, petifores are still made in small moulds and are often served as bite-sized desserts or snacks. They can be enjoyed plain or with a variety of different toppings and fillings.
The 5 best petifore recipe ideas:
When it comes to petit fours, there are endless possibilities for flavor combinations and decorations. But if you’re looking for a starting point, try one of these five recipes.
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8-inch square baking pan.
2. Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture until just blended. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
4. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into squares.
To make a strawberry petifore, you will need:
-1 cup of all-purpose flour
-1 teaspoon baking powder
-½ teaspoon salt
-6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
-1 cup sugar
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-¼ cup milk
-1 pint strawberries, hulled and quartered
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour an 8 inch square baking pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla extract.
4. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Fold in the strawberries.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
Vanilla petifores are a classic French pastry that can be enjoyed any time of day. Made with flour, sugar, eggs, butter or oil, and flavoured with vanilla, they are often decorated with icing, sprinkles, or other decorations. Petit fours can be served as bite-sized desserts or snacks.
This recipe is for a vanilla petifore, a small cake or pastry. The ingredients include all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, unsalted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and whole milk. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour.
Drop dough by spoonfuls onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on baking sheets for a few minutes; transfer to wire racks to cool completely
Coffee petifores are small cakes or pastries made with coffee-flavored syrup and coffee liqueur. These petifores can be garnished with whipped cream and chocolate shavings, and to make them you will need a few specific ingredients.
The first step is to make the coffee syrup. You will need water, sugar, instant coffee powder, and vanilla extract. Combine all of the ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat.
Stir until the sugar has dissolved and then bring to a boil. Allow the mixture to boil for 1 minute before removing from the heat. Set the syrup aside to cool.
Next, make the coffee liqueur. You will need water, sugar, instant coffee powder, vodka, and vanilla extract. Combine all of the ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat.
To assemble the petifores, start by dipping the top of each cake or pastry into the coffee syrup. Then, spoon or pour some of the coffee liqueur over each cake or pastry. Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings, if desired. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
This recipe is for an orange petifore, a small cake or pastry. The ingredients include orange juice, orange zest, all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, unsalted butter, sugar, eggs, and Grand Marnier. The petifores are baked in a preheated oven at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes.
These petit fours are perfect for summer because they are refreshing and light. You can garnish this petifore with a slice of fresh orange or a sprig of mint. This petifore pairs well with a white wine or champagne.